i can’t think of a better way to celebrate the growth of a new life then with a shower, and that’s exactly what we did this past weekend. my dear friend genevieve is a little less then 8 weeks away from meeting the newest addition to her family, and if the anticipation of this little ones arrive wasn’t enough, the lovely couple has decided to keep the sex of the baby a surprise. ahhhhh!!! what a lovely shower we did have though. the natural and organic theme was the perfect backdrop to this sweet little party.
some of my favorite moments of the day:
- the birthday wishes filled out by each guest, to be opened each year on the babies birthday
- genevieve asking how she will know what nipples to use with what bottle and when
- listening to everyones reactions to the impossibly perfect baby room
- the table scape that housed the most charming party favors
- all the itsy bitsy baby clothes that i can’t wait to see on this secret little baby
- the nap i got that afternoon after three days of preparing what i think was the most inspired shower i’ve ever seen
see the birthday ombre cake here
thanks genevieve for letting me help you and your family throw an amazing shower,
and for allowing me to blog about it!!!
… and now, a room just for baby …